Digital printing can be actually a modern printing technique that produces prints directly from a computer file as opposed to a slide or a picture, without moving through some intermediate medium like a film negative, a colour proof or even a plate. Digital printing can be useful for most business printing needs in both black and white and full shade. Some proficient commercial electronic printing companies can even offer:
• big format printing such as signage, posters, yarn and paper prints
• extra-wide printing for large scale external applications such as banners, advertisements billboards, hoardings and building wraps.
Today digital printing has been increasingly used rather than old forms of printing like litho. It’s easy to understand why when you Examine the many benefits digital printing supplies:
Features of digital printing
Digital printing has many advantages, the main ones being faster turn around and lower production price. It’s often used for ondemand or shortrun colour printing. It is very cheap on short print runs owing on the low setup costs and that there aren’t any minimum volume restrictions. Other advantages include:
• Selection of procedures a few of which may be utilized for high definition printing software
• Printing may be done on many different substrates
• Waterproof and fade resistant inks can also be used
• Suitable for printing materials such as interior or outside use
• Any dimension may be printed including big format and extra Wide-format
Digital printing processes
There is an assortment of processes which may be utilized for digital printing, the range that is set by the application and planned use. Among these are:
INKJET PRINTING produces photorealistic graphics with vibrant shade intensity. Inkjet printers use CMYK inks to create full colour and will print onto a wide assortment of media therefore this procedure is acceptable for the indoor use and outdoor usage.
UV PRINTING can be a good quality and duratrans affordable large format full colour printing process. This practice uses green UV inks which are cured with UV light, making it very resistant to fading, water resistant and abrasion. It is ideally suited to outside pictures as it can cope with all climate conditions. There are two types of UV full color printing:
• roll fed – in which images are printed on a roll of media such as PVC or fabric
• Flatbed – published directly to inflexible or flexible, horizontal surfaced substrates, often PVC Foamex planks or ACM (aluminium composite material).
LAMBDA PRINTING uses laser technology to directly produces the highest resolution display images for top quality photographic prints on photographic paper, picture or Duratrans. It’s ideally suited for large format display graphics as it offers sharp photographic images, continuous tone and colours that are weathered.
Wide Assortment of substrates
Digital printing produces rather significant definition graphics on a broad array of substances of different thicknesses, finishes and weights including photo paper, vinyl, picture, net, canvas, and various textiles. Digital flat bed printers also can print directly on many flat surfaced rigid or elastic substrates including: PVC Foamex, ACM (aluminum composite material), acrylic, corrugated board, polycarbonate, polyboard and card.
Digital printing software
• Banners – frequently useful for outdoor advertisements and event signage. Usually published on vinyl which is the least expensive using for weather resistant inks.
• Posters – widely used in trade shows as well as the retail industry as very economical means to promote a company, service or product. Could be printed onto matte, satin or gloss paper in various sizes.
• Pictures -could be published on paper, fabrics and inflexible materials such as poster board or foam core.
• Canvas Print -look nearly like a first and can be used to reproduce top quality fine images or art. Available on conventional artist or canvas canvas fabric and also will be attached to wood frames.
• Brick Printing – Employed mainly for platform backdrops and on buildings, mesh is a light weight perforated fabric that’s resistant to ripping and incredibly good, well suited for large outdoor banners. Mesh cloth is flame retardant and directly printable with UV and solvent inks.